- Pay attention to nutrition. According to the different growth and development stages of pigs, full price diets with different nutritional values should be adopted, and adjustments should be made based on the weight and feeding status of the pigs. Spring green feed companies are lacking, trying to add some juicy feed such as carrots and cake feed to their diets to improve the appetite of piglets and supplement some vitamins.
Fine cost management, scientific and technological breeding, and changes in climate conditions in spring can easily lead to systemic diseases and even lead to a large number of pig deaths due to slight errors in breeding and management. Therefore, it is necessary to strengthen the management of lactating sows’ feeding enterprises, maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of sows’ breasts, and do a good job of feeding, filling food, and breeding food, including three important links. Through birth, filling food, and weaning, weaned piglets need special attention, pay attention to protecting the environment and hygiene, improve the health level of piglets, add functional composite food additives, increase exposure to the sun, and exercise, to promote the growth and development of piglets, Spend the spring safely.
- Disinfection of enclosure
Disinfection is a very important step in the management of pig farms in spring, as the rising temperature in spring is the season for the large number of pathogenic microorganisms to multiply. At this time, we need to further strengthen the disinfection and treatment work in spring, cleaning the pigsty, spraying disinfectant on the ground, walls, and the surrounding living environment. The cleaned utensils should be disinfected again, and then rinsed with water to avoid poisoning or affecting pig feeding.
- Spring is the season of recovery for all things, and parasites are no exception. It is important to repel pigs in spring. When the mosquito control spray is completed, do not miss any end. When using mosquito repellent liquid, attention should be paid to the location and concentration of the spray to avoid entering the pig’s mouth and causing poisoning after eating. When repelling insects, the pig’s utensils should be removed from the pigsty. When repelling insects, it is necessary to avoid contamination caused by insect repellent entering the tank.
- Prevent feed from getting moldy, as there is more rain in spring. If the feed is not well preserved, it can easily become moldy. We must pay attention to the preservation of feed. If most of the feed becomes moldy, remember not to feed the pigs. If there are several molds, some release agent can be added.
- Pigs like a dry environment, so we need to pay special attention to the dryness of the pigsty, while also maintaining the traditional pigsty warm, dry, and ventilated. Wet weather changes can cause skin diseases in pigs, usually eczema or mustard mites. The humidity of the pigsty can be controlled. Spray pigs with medicine or other disinfectants. If the enterprise does not have mosquito repellent liquid, regularly deworming pigs. Use ivermectin.
- Strengthen disease
In spring, the key to preventing infectious diseases such as swine fever, foot and mouth disease, infectious gastroenteritis, lung disease, asthma, and Escherichia coli is immunization. Strictly follow immunization procedures to avoid leakage and immune failure. The above is an introduction to spring pigs that should be noted. Spring pigs grow rapidly and are fertile and productive. Therefore, it is imperative to do a good job in breeding management.