Sheep emaciation is usually caused by improper feeding or infection with parasites. If you want to make lean sheep fat, you need to eliminate the cause first, and then strengthen feeding management. For sick sheep, timely symptomatic treatment is required, and usually thin sheep will gradually become fat.
What are the reasons why sheep lose weight?
- Improper feeding: In feed feeding, sheep fed mouldy feed and cold feed for a long time will cause constipation and diarrhea, resulting in the loss of water and nutrients in the body. Therefore, when feeding the feed, the breeder must choose the feed with high nutritional value and relatively new production date. You can also add some protein, vitamins and other substances.
- Infected with parasites: In daily life, they are in a relatively dirty and disorderly environment for a long time, which will lead to the generation of diseases and insects, and there are parasites on sheep. Parasites can absorb nutrients from their bodies, thus causing nutrient loss. In this case, insect repellent treatment can be carried out in the spring and autumn period, and they can be sheared at ordinary times. In addition, regular disinfection is also the key to disinfestation.
What should sheep eat to get fat as soon as possible?
- Juicy feed: Juicy feed has high water content and good palatability, which can promote the better peristalsis of the intestines and stomach of thin and weak sheep, play the role of moistening the intestines and stomach and promoting digestion, and can promote fattening. The green and juicy feeds include melons, fruits, grasses, etc., such as carrots, beets, pumpkins, etc.
- Silage: Silage contains a large amount of cellulose, mineral elements and protein, which is of excellent quality, but has a certain degree of acidity. It should be combined with refined feed and coarse feed. Single silage may play a negative role. If the silage is found to be moldy and corrupt, it is forbidden to feed sheep, otherwise it may lead to sheep poisoning.
- Partial prescription for fattening: 50g of brown sugar is washed into warm brown sugar water every day and fed to thin and weak sheep; 15g of dried honeysuckle and 350g of huangshan ginger are boiled together with tea in clean water for 10 minutes and then fed to sheep; 100 grams of mother-in-law and 50 grams of dried jujube boiled water were fed to sheep.
Fattening management of lean sheep
- Insect repellent: Many of the reasons that cause sheep to be thin and weak are not due to lack of nutrition, but may be due to the absorption of nutrients due to parasites in the body. Before fattening the thin and weak sheep, it should be treated with insect repellent in time. In addition to insect repellent, it can also be treated with other drugs. The sheep skin can be injected with ivermectin, which is repeated every other week, and albendazole can be mixed into the daily feed of sheep for one week.
- Conditioning the intestines and stomach: The weak sheep generally have poor gastrointestinal peristalsis, weak digestive function, and nutrients can not be fully absorbed, so appropriate feed matching should be selected according to the sheep’s physical conditions for feeding.